None of the Communities of the Fraternity are the same in their outreach and missionary endeavours. Each operates within the social, economic and cultural backgrounds of the countries in which they are located.
The thrust of local outreach works and missionary activities undertaken by the individual Communities is related to the needs of the peoples of the region. Many Communities are able to extend their activities not only locally but also nationally and internationally.
Following is a sample list of evangelistic and social activities undertaken by various member Communities throughout the world.
- Ministering to the temporal, emotional and spiritual needs of the elderly, the infirm, the immigrants and unemployed
- helping build homes for the poor; poverty alleviation programmes; health services ministry.
- Establishment of Christian primary and secondary schools staffed by trained community staff.
- Evangelistic outreaches to youth and young adults in schools, parishes and universities.
- International Evangelistic outreaches to Africa, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Sabah, Indonesia and other countries.
- Economic aid to East Timor.
- Outreaches targeting lapsed Catholics.
- Teaching days/weekends on aspects of family life and marriage enrichment.
- Mission Schools offering training in both theory and practice based on four interacting levels:
- Pastoral Formation
- Theological Formation
- Spiritual Formation, and
- The roman Dimension
- Contemplative prayer, parish ministries and service of the poor.
- Communal houses for consecrated women.
- Similar communal houses for consecrated men.
- Founders of Youth Arise International.
- Supporters of World Youth Days.
- Establishment of Retreat Centres and conducting of Retreats, Seminars and Days of Renewal.
- Formation and training of seminarians for the Priesthood.
- Establishment of television and radio stations evangelizing around the clock.
- Assistance, education, evangelization and catechesis of street children; re-integration to families; night housing.
- Human dignity promotion – orphanages; assistance programs for sick, prisoners and their families; prevention of abortion and assistance to pregnant women.